Friday, October 9, 2015

Sixty-Five Years

Shelly and Thelma Prial on their wedding day - July 2, 1950!
Sixty-five years may sound like a very long time. What happened 65 years ago was that Thelma and I got married. This really was nothing unusual; people were getting married all the time. The only difficulty we have today is that it feels like Thelma and I just met one another. That is how our life has been since the day we met! One great day after another, and for all of that we have to say “thank you".

Thelma and I were fortunate to have two children, a girl and a boy, and they each also have had two children, the same, a girl and a boy. In that fashion our family has flourished. This is how it is for everyone; it is perfectly normal to watch how the families all continue to grow. This is a gift for everyone and so once again I repeat a big “thank you” for all!

As I look back over these many years and I think about how often there were opportunities which I might have missed, but then I realize how many which I did experience. I am not at all disappointed. It is the same for all of us and as we age we will only remember the good and nice past we have had. We can sum this up by saying that whatever we chose was always good!

Many years ago I was invited to Virginia and met Max Goodloe, Chairman of General Medical. He offered me a position, which I accepted. I was now with a very rapidly growing organization for independent active DME dealers; I thought we would develop a new industry, and it happened.

The reason that I am writing this is that far too often, when I speak with peers, they are usually complaining. It appears that no matter what they may have accomplished, it was insufficient! I have no problem with that, because I do not keep score!

If everyone will look back over the years passed, they will see that only the good things, which have occurred, will be remembered. Your mind will wipe out many unpleasant happenings.

Be positive and do not hesitate to do anything you wish, as long as you do not infringe upon anyone else. This is what Thelma and I have tried to do for the past 65 years and have had some small success! All I can say is “Amen” and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!