Monday, July 16, 2012

Congratulations Mal!


A. Malachi Mixon III, known to all of us as MAL has once again been recognized for all the excellent work he has done on behalf of healthcare and the industry.

The Ohio Hospital Association presented Mal with their Health Care Leadership Award.  On behalf of all the DME/HME providers, I want to say “thank you” to the Ohio Hospital Association.  

It is a privilege to add my comments to acknowledge how much he is recognized and appreciated by all. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Mal and a few associates purchased a small wheelchair division from a Cleveland based company in late 1978.  What he has accomplished now is the dream of every entrepreneur. He was able to build a small company and grow it close to an annual $2 billion company.   

But, that is just a bit of what Mal Mixon has accomplished. Without Mal leading the industry battle vs. negative legislation, supporting the state associations, working closely with all the dealers, teaching them how to sell merchandize, DME would be nothing like it is today. So Mal, my congratulations!

I know you have retired, but I look forward to seeing you at many more Medtrade Exhibitions in Atlanta and Las Vegas. An entire industry joins with me is saying “thank you”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!