Thursday, March 27, 2014

Reimbursements

“The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) invites you to attend the Open Payments Webinar on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, from 1:00-2:00pm EDT.

Open Payments (Physician Payments Sunshine Act) is a program that increases public awareness of financial relationships between drug and device manufacturers and certain health care providers.”


I received this message on Tuesday, 3/25. I assume that many of you did as well. I am hoping that this effort by CMS will resolve many problems. This seminar is for physicians. I do not know how this might affect DME; however, that is why I will listen!

It’s only scheduled for one hour! I do not know what will be accomplished, or if there will be time for Q&A, but I doubt there will be time for Q&A because of the limited time.

I have it on my calendar and will carefully listen. You must also do the same. What will we hear? Be patient and be attentive. But please listen!

I am hoping that we will be informed of some new dramatic changes that will enable DME/HME dealers to exist. I anticipate they will inform us that an MPP approach will be established for all reimbursements, and pray to hear that CMS will be able to eliminate the competitive bid.

I anticipate that state DME principals and AAHomecare will be in the audience. I ask that every DME/HME dealer listen. Then follow the lead that AAHomecare and your local associations will recommend. They are in the forefront, and every dealer and provider must be involved. There is so much that can be accomplished when we all put our shoulders to the task!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!