Thursday, September 6, 2012

Working Holidays

Did you enjoy your Labor Day this week?  Sometimes it feels like you need a vacation from your vacation!

I have had the good fortune of working in many parts of the United States.  Since I have entered my 86th year I realize how important a “holiday” can be.  I took ten days off with my wife Thelma to visit the Finger Lakes in New York, tasted the wines, enjoyed the great food and saw how beautiful is our country.

When I speak to dealers about taking a off a few days I invariably get the same answers. “We are too busy” or “I have too many things to do” or “there is no one to watch the company” and etcetera.  Excuses.

Have confidence in your ability! Appreciate the wonderful team you have developed. They reflect every thing you taught them. Then, when you take time for your holiday every thing will run just as smoothly as if you stayed in your office. Going away for a few days is always healthy and the old expression: “all work and no play make Jack a dull boy” is true.

Coming soon is a great opportunity to take a working holiday. Atlanta is a wonderful city to visit. Atlanta is where the Medtrade Exhibition is held. I have truly been lucky that I have been able to attend every Medtrade since its introduction. I have seen it develop into a real experience for dealers. Yes, I took the time to make it a working holiday each and every year and so can you!

Need a few more reasons to not miss out on this year's event?  HME News offers 5 good reasons for you:  Click Here to Read Their List!

Meet friends and peers, attend lectures and learn all about many new opportunities. Being away from your company by taking this time is both relaxing and profitable. That will happen to you at Medtrade.  I look forward to seeing many of you there taking a “working holiday.”

Medtrade's Early Bird Deadline is September 10th so don't miss out on the savings.  Visit www.medtrade.com to register.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!