Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Action

We are so close to getting the obnoxious “competitive bid” legislation changed, but we still must rattle every congressman’s office. There is only a short period of time remaining before Congress leaves DC and the legislators return home for the Holidays. Yes, tempus fugit.

Our voice must be heard NOW. I am frightened when I think of the alternative. The existing Competitive Bid is now beginning to cover the country. It must be stopped!

Henry Kissinger reminded me that, “The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.”  If we fail in our efforts to get HR1717 onto the floor of congress and passed, what is the alternative?

I will not answer that question! You each must! As far as I am concerned, I will never slow down or cease my activities to get the yoke currently around our necks changed to the fair MPP legislation (HR1717). WE CAN ACCOMPLISH THAT!

I refer you to the recent blogs which I called “80/20” and “This Very Moment!” I sent them as a call to arms. If everyone who reads these blogs will do as I ask, make those phone calls, our voices will be heard.

I am confident that we can win. As I see what dealers and providers are doing, I get very excited. A group of dealers in Jacksonville got together and met with both Senators and their Congressman’s staff to present a list of the difficulties for the recipients and beneficiaries of Medicare - I am sorry to say that it is a long list. The problems experienced by the seniors, the infirm, and bed ridden American citizens who depend on Medicare is a nightmare. The legislators were not aware of most of this, therefore to succeed we all must continue our efforts to make these issues known to our elected officials.



Vince Lombardi said “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” Therefore, we must score now and then we can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!