Thursday, February 5, 2015

Welcome

I was delighted when I saw the announcement that Invacare located a replacement for Mal Mixon. I realize that it took a few months for this to happen, and that is just another recognition of the terrific task Mal did. In particular, he built Invacare into one of the largest companies in our industry! As Mal did that, he also helped build DME/HME into the industry it is today.

I have always appreciated everything Mal Mixon did for all of us. His participation on many committees as well as the support he gave AAHomecare and the state DME associations is great! Mal, you earned this and I wish you many happy years of retirement! We should all express our appreciation to him.

Invacare Corporation was very fortunate to locate Matthew Monaghan to be their new president and CEO. He was the senior VP and GM of a major division of Zimmer, a manufacturer of orthopedic products and instruments. He built that division into a 1.3 billion business.

I look forward with a great deal of excitement to be able to meet Matt Monaghan as he enters our world of homecare. I ask that you all send him your best wishes too.

I know we will see Cara Bachenheimer in Las Vegas. I am sure this change will help increase the number of attendees at Medtrade Spring. If you have not made your reservations please do so ASAP. You may use the promotional code SHELLY at registration to get a Free Expo Pass. This is going to be a most interesting Medtrade and you want to be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!