Monday, May 11, 2015

Make it Happen

Our industry is under attack. Why? This is happening because far too many DME/HME dealers have not allowed themselves to join the fray.

I try to speak with as many dealers as I can. The problem is not unlike speaking to a choir. The choir is involved and they are the heart of the associations. But we need the rest of the trade to become involved.

Are reimbursements fair and equitable? Are the payments sent promptly to the dealers? How many difficulties must be resolved? Why are these delays happening?

Why? It comes down to fraud and abuse. I can say with some comfort there are very few DME/HME dealers guilty of any dishonesty. However, since I have spoken about fraud and abuse, written many words on this topic both in blogs and articles, it still plays a big role in slowing down reimbursements. It has to be addressed.

It has been my privilege to compliment AAHomecare for the many accomplishments on behalf of the industry. Their successes have been for all providers, not just for their members.

When I see how many dealers who are not active, who do not pay dues, but sit back and share in the benefits, I am concerned. That is not fair. I wonder what I can do to correct this? When all DME/HME participate, then we can make it happen!

I write the following very often: If you are not currently a dues paying member of AAHomecare and your state DME association, join now. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!