Monday, May 5, 2014

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

The United States has so much in common with our neighbor Mexico. Our history is filled with the many instances in which we and Mexico have been involved.  

Cinco de Mayo is the celebration of Mexico’s victory over the French in 1862, in the battle of Puebla. Since that day, the United States has developed a great relationship with Mexico and I hope it will always be there.
 
On Cinco de Mayo, 87 years ago. Ettie Prial gave birth to a son and she he named him Sheldon. Today I begin my 88th year, and together with my beautiful wife Thelma, we look forward to the future. We will be celebrating our 64th anniversary of marriage, and it seems like this was only yesterday. Two children, four grandchildren, and so many friends. I have been blessed!

I have never received so many “Happy Birthday" greetings as I did this year. My LinkedIn connection brought a waterfall of messages. It was like a cornucopia, filled with greetings. I tried to acknowledge each, but if I unintentionally missed you with my “Thank You”, please know how much I appreciate all the good wishes.
 
FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO ! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!