Monday, July 20, 2015

Thought for Today

The Associated Press has a "Thought for Today” column in my daily newspaper. One day they quoted Emily Dickinson, who passed away on 5/15/86: “Behavior is what a man does, not what he thinks, feels, or believes.” We all do this without any hesitation, don’t we?

It is difficult for me not to make an answer STAT when I hear a comment that I do not agree with. However, I have learned; and it took me a long time to wait a few seconds before responding! We all must respect what other people say, and not question what they said without thinking first! When we all will do the same, then usually a good response can be made.

For more than sixty-five years I have been active in "home health care"! After the fighting ceased in 1945, I was in Berlin helping to run the pharmacy at the 279th Station Hospital. What I saw and learned there has been with me all my life. When you are a cog on a wheel and everyone does his or her best, it succeeds! It is “team-work” that makes things work! None of us stands alone!

DME/HME dealers and providers must each participate by becoming dues paying members of our industry's
 associations. They make things happen. I have been repeating this in one form or another all my life! You have to support those associations who work so diligently for you: both your state DME association and AAHomecare.

I would like to see many more dealers become dues paying members. When I see the fantastic things the associations are able to accomplish now and then I think how much more they would be able to do with more members. Why does any DME/HME dealer hesitate to get on board? Your accountants preach ROI, return on investment. Ask your accountants what “getting on board” will do for you! They will tell you how important that is for your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!