Thursday, January 17, 2013

Walk On!


Preparation will turn your hopes into success. During the holidays, on PBS TV in December, there was a program about Oscar Hammerstein II. He delivered a very simple message with his music and I know it is true: “Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you’ll never walk alone; you’ll never walk alone. 

Your DME/HME company is a team. You are the captain and your employees are members of the squad. By working together, you and your operation will grow and expand. New sales and better profits will be developed which is a direct result of turning hope into action.

But there is a second step. Your company also has to be a dues paying member of both state DME and national associations. Remember you should never walk alone. These each have to be partners with you and contributors to satisfy your hopes and accomplish your ambitions.

Running a company on “hope” is OK, if you only use that as a guide. Our industry faces many challenges in 2013. But together with the associations they will provide you with the ability to make things happen.  Equally important is that you will be giving them the necessary funds to help keep you in business.  It is a win-win situation.

I know that I have repeated this message over and over for many years. In my defense I will state that I never ceased to support the state and national organizations! Even though I am no longer an entrepreneur, I am very aware that without the support they provided when I had my companies, I have no idea what I would be doing today.  You must never walk alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!