Monday, June 9, 2014

Workaholics

Thelma and I decided to take a brief vacation. All of our family are scattered about the country, mostly in the North East, and we are located in Florida. Our Grandson in California was heading home, so we decided now was the proper time to go see them when they were all close together!

We did! We traveled from Florida to Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Jersey (all in eight days). Thelma and I experienced some very hectic days, but they each were very rewarding. We had a team of chauffeurs; our daughter, our son and eldest grandson did a super job taking us to all the centers of activity we sought (and they received no citations!).
 
I am sending this to all of our readers. It is imperative to take a break from working, and how better than via a brief holiday?

Since I have been visiting DME/HME dealers for many years, one thing I learned: “If you take a week or more off, go away, enjoy yourself, your company will survive.”

When I ran my pharmacy or DME, I felt I had to be there whenever the door was open. How wrong I was. I am aware that every one of you feels the same as I did. I was a workaholic. Don’t become one!

A great opportunity awaits you! This will be where you can take a few days for yourself in Atlanta (a great city to visit) and then you will also return home armed with new ideas to build new sales and profits. Allow your workaholic half a few days at the annual Medtrade Conference and Exhibition, October 20-23, 2014, at the Georgia World Conference Center, and of course have a few days of fun and pleasure. Thelma and I have done that for years. 

If you trained your staff, they will pleasantly surprise you. As a matter of fact, they may be even better! Don’t hesitate, take a holiday.

Bon voyage!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!