Thursday, September 19, 2013

Memo to State DME Associations

Below is a copy of a memo I sent to each state association. I am posting it here for all of you with the hope that if you are not currently a member of your state association and AAHomecare, now is the time to change that.

Thank you,
Shelly

Memo to State DME Associations

It is less than one month until the Medtrade Conference & Exhibition opens in Orlando. Since I have had the good fortune of attending every Medtrade, I can say there never has been a more critical time for our industry.

If we could just get the Competitive Bid Legislation erased, we would be taking a giant step forward, and one of the goals of Medtrade is to help influence that happening!

I wanted to send this email to acknowledge the amazing amount of good work the state DME associations have accomplished to date. Yes, we still have a long way to go, and the answer to reach all goals depends on the rest of the DME/HME proprietors. Your members are aware, but there are the “Freddy the Free Loaders” who have to pitch in by becoming dues paying members ASAP.

I have seen the many efforts and requests you have sent your members to get HR1717 out of committee and passed. I am an optimist and I anticipate this will become a reality. Between the work you have each put into this, and with the support of AAHomecare, things are starting to look much more hopeful.

Yes, as I said above, my major concern is that there are far too many DME/HME dealers or providers who do not join, do not contribute and don’t even say “thank you” to their state DME association. In my opinion, it’s a real problem.

I hope to see all of you in Orlando. If for any reason you will be unable to attend, I will try to keep you updated via an occasional memo like this or in my “Shelly Sounds Off" blog.

HMENews and HomeCare Magazine cover these events in much greater detail than I do. Aren't we fortunate to have these high quality sources for information, guidance, and news?

Please continue sending me your email releases that I enjoy so much (shelly.prial@att.net). I hope to see you at Medtrade.

Thank you.

Shelly



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Shelly!